Wednesday, September 17, 2008

To my husband ...Another chapter

I've been neglecting my blog. Not intentionally, but as some of you know , we've had some stuff going on. Nothing of course , that we can't get through. Life is about challenges and getting through them, and that's exactly what we've been doing, and going through them only makes us stronger as individual's and together.

None of us are perfect, but are we suppose to be? We live our lives always searching for something better, but we sometimes forget to look at what is right in front of use and to relize that what we have is exactly what we need. That is what I did. For a long time I kept picking out what was wrong with Eric. I think I was looking for a reason to leave, or for him to leave me. I was certain that this wasn't the life I was suppose to lead. I wanted something better. It took Eric himself to make me see that this is the life I was suppose to have, that he is the best for me. We've been through so many chapters together and I was being so selfish that I sit and wonder now, I don't deserve him, maybe he deserves better.

Marriage isn't about finding the perfect love, it's about finding the best inside one of another. It's about going through the rain and sunshine together, crying together, holding one another when the other is sad, and listening to each other even if you have no intrest in exactly what they are talking about. It's about being there for each other, and loving one another , even when you are mad at one another.

When Eric and I got married the preacher asked us what we loved one another and you could write a book on all the things he said he loved about me. When the preacher got to me I froze. I could not verbalize it. I left there feeling so empty because I could not answer. It's something to this day that bugs to this day. I often wonder if he thinks about that . I know what i wanted to say, i wanted to say that i love Eric because he completes me. When I feel like I'm failing he' there to prove me otherwise. He knows me inside out and can tell me what i'm thinking without saying a word. Not only is he a great man, he's a great father, friend, son, husband and author. He's everything I'm not. When he's not happy I can't not rest until I can fix it. I love Eric because he is Eric and nothing more or less. He makes me who I am every day, and to him I am thankful.

Today is Eric's last day of being a stay at home dad. I am quiting my job and will be staying home. He will be working now. He has done a fantastic job staying home. He has cooked, changed diapers, made beds, scrubbed floors and done all the things that I felt should have been my job. I love him even more for it.

This morning I was greeted to breakfast in bed. Can you say, awww? And while i lay there staring at my plate of food I wondered what i did to deserve this.

I can't wait to take on more chapters of my life, with him right beside me the whole time.

1 comment:

A Christian Mom said...

HUGS to you both! I wish you both the best on the new paths your taking. Keep communicating with each other. ;o)